Team Requirements for Ski for Life
- Boats – must be registered and have public liability to cover your skiers.
- Boats must carrying all relevant safety equipment as per the link below.
- We are skiing in protected waters and all boats will be inspected prior to starting the event.
- A mobile mechanic will travel with us to assist with any boat issues, his time is donated but you will be charged for parts. This is not a free annual service. When you register your team, fill out the information so that the mechanic can carry the basic parts for your boat.
- Fuel – teams are responsible for their own fuel. Most boats will need to refuel during the day, therefore jerry cans will be the only option, so please ensure you are able to cover your fuel requirements. All teams jerry cans will be transported on a fuel trailer that forms a part of the road crew. When required, please allow plenty of time during at the start/end of each day or during breaks to collect your jerry cans from the fuel trailer, fuel up the boat and return the jerry cans to the trailer before hitting the river again. As a rough average allow 1lt/km of fuel.
- All teams will receive a handbook with river maps, schedules etc for both boat teams and road crew.
- Skiers – No minimum number, we have the capacity to feed in other skiers to assist if necessary to create a team. Go to our Facebook page to build your team. Any age, any stage, just come and have fun.
- Rotate skiers at your leisure, so long as someone is skiing at all times.
- Generally, we tow 2 up all the way and 3 is deemed legal.
- Road Crew – each team is made up of road crew and skiers who can interchange at any break. All teams are responsible to make their own arrangements for their road crew. This includes driving your vehicle/s, towing your boat trailer, camper trailer etc.
- Road crew will travel in convoy with a lead and tail vehicle. UHF would be helpful, but not essential.
- Teams stop throughout the day and meet up with the road crew, so plenty of opportunities to swap team members.
- All registered teams need to come up with a team name and a nominated team captain. All Captains are required to attend a meeting prior to dinner each night.
- All boats will have a printed flag (at your teams cost), this will display your team name and enables community members to visually see you are a part of the event.
- We travel through 4 locks, so come prepared to join in the fun.